St. Canice's BNS, Finglas
Here are some tips to help you stay safe online whether you are in school or at home. Remember, always be careful when on the internet. It can be a fun place but we have to respect each other and ourselves when surfing the web.
1. Always ask for permission before going online.
2. Never give out personal details.
3. Never arrange to meet someone online.
4. Tell somebody if you see something on the internet that you think is inappropriate.
5. Never be mean behind your screen. It is not nice. How would you feel?
6. Bullying is always wrong and unacceptable behaviour; never overlook or ignore it.
Don't reply to messages that are meant to annoy you. This is exactly what they want.
Keep the message;
you don't have to read it, but keep it as proof. It is vital to have a record of the incident when you look for help or want to report it.
Block the sender.
You don’t have to put up with someone harassing you - block unwanted senders!
Tell someone you trust.
It could be your parents, grandparents,teacher, older brother or sister.
To chat with someone from Childine in confidence text the word ‘TALK’ to 50101.
You can take control by not putting up with offensive content and reporting it to the website owners when you come across it.
Respect yourself and others
Know your rights Be creative! Be yourself! Be in control!